In Paul’s lesson we looked at what the most common conventions were that feature in children’s songs. These included:
- Catchy Rhythm
- Simple Words
- Call and Response
- Existing songs and change the words.
- Very Characterised
- Reinforcing one fact using different examples
- No fast, wordy songs
With all of these in mid it will really help us when we start writing songs for our T.I.E (theatre in education) performances.
We also looked at what we should do to make sure our performance is as enjoyable as possible for them. We discussed:
- Audience Participation
- Secrecy within our performance
- Kids like to shout
- Things need to be BIG
- Sometimes a minimalist amount of props is good as well.
- Do everything acoustically