Today we looked at all the different practitioners we could use for the first part of our commission. These were the people we looked at and what we found out:
- Stanislavski- used emotional recall ( when you think of something sad to make you realistically cry or make you seem genuinely upset) Adler was also known to do similar techniques.
- Meisner- be truthful and ‘get out of your own head’.
- Pinter- Used pauses all the time, except now we know he meant them as beats not pauses.
- Hagen- Came up with the fourth wall
- Berkhoff- developed naturalism.
- Chekhov- came up with psychological gesture.
- Boal-Came up with hot seating so you could look more into your character and understand them more.
- Aidler and Strasberg- Both looked at method acting.