Today we played te game Whats the time “Mr Wolf”, it was to understand the mind of the child. Even though we weren’t trying to act like children, playing the game makes you run and you get scared about going near the wolf even though the wolf is just one of your classmates. Afterwards, Tom did his technique assignment to us, he was talking about Uta Hagen and how she adapted Stanislavski’s 7 concepts into her “6 steps”.
Tom went around the room and asked us each question about the character we were thinking of. He asked us these questions:
- Who am I?
- What are the circumstances?
- What are my relationships?
- What do I want?
- What is my obstacle?
- What do I do to get what I want?
With my character Astrid from “Eight”, I answered these questions
- Early hours of the morning, on my bed, in the dark and I’ve just come home after cheating on my partner and I’m a bit drunk.
- Unhappy relationship with my partner.
- I want to be appreciated more and loved by somebody.
- My life is nice and settled with the person I am with.
- I cheat on my partner, he doesn’t know and I get away with it.