My first ideas as I have previously discussed were a dance routine which featured the saints and sinners having a battle and this would be done by physical theatre and, lyrical and street dance. I got the idea of a dance battle from a scene from a programme I used to watch which is called Wizard’s of Waverly Place. The battle was between the wizards as they had to try and defeat the zombies that invaded their school dance.
From 20 seconds onward is the actual dance, at the end they all do the same routine together which I thought could be a good idea so that it isn’t clear who really won the battle.
I also thought about the step films, street dance 3D and even Magic Mike where these all feature dance battles as well and mainly in a hip hop/street dance style. I also got the lyrical and physical theatre idea from our Jazz lessons as we’re doing a scary lyrical routine to Bring Me To Life. I thought the contrast would be good and it can show some serious “fighting” in an eerily beautiful way and then finishing with the street dance would give a big impact on the audience as it would be a finale.
My next idea was the spotlight game idea which I expanded more for Lynn. Here is the email I sent to her regarding my first thoughts on what should be included in the show including a more in depth explanation on how I would want the spotlight game to be carried out and performed. The spotlight/dinner date idea is the last idea, the other two are new ideas I have thought about using the 7 sins and 7 virtues to start some kind of story line for the show.
- Can You Feel The Love Tonight from Lion King
The song starts at 35 seconds onwards.
- Love Is An Open Door from Frozen
The song starts at 34 seconds onwards.
- As Long As You’re Mine from Wicked
- Hellfire from Hunchback of Notre Dame. I started looking at darker songs, because I thought about the relationship and it could be a love hate relationship or even just a solid hateful one and so Hellfire and another song would be good for this.
- What Is This Feeling Also from Wicked
- Once Upon a December from Anastasia. Finally I also thought about a sad love story instead of a hateful or happy one. This song is about how Anastasia has lost her family and she is trying to remember them, because she is all alone.
- Noé Guanuco Aybar. (2013), Zombie Dance Battle Wizard of Waverly Place Episode S02E29 Wizards vs Vampires vs Zombies copia. [Online Video]. 22nd September 2013 . Available from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL0tG5G1gDQ [Accessed: 7th April 2017]
- WaltDisneyWorld. (2007). Lion King – Can You Feel The Love Tonight. [Online Video]. 16th October 2007. Available from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF4CWCXirZ8 [Accessed: 7th April 2017]
- ArchieBuld. (2014), Frozen – Love Is an Open Door (HD). [Online Video]. 4th March 2014. Available from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtCXUFImZYE [Accessed: 7th April 2017]
- Nahuale7077. (2010). Wicked – As Long As You’re Mine [Soundtrack Version]. [Online Video]. 14th April 2010. Available from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MwpdjbMucI [Accessed: 7th April 2017]
- Frollo1906. (2012). The hunchback Of Notre Dame Hellfire English (Disney). [Online Video]. 16th April 2012. Available from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NP-RsRGzVo [Accessed: 7th April 2017]
- Kanal von str3nq. (2009). WICKED – What is this Feeling? lyrics. [Online Video]. 30th July 2009. Available from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFa0E_GwJ30. [Accessed: 7th April 2017]
- Abbie Rooney. (2010). Anastasia – Once Upon A December. [Online Video]. 6th February 2010. Available from: https://www.youtube.com/watchv?=LWwKdejZLfE [7th April 2017]