So today we had a bit of time to start talking about the script and how it should start because it needs to include the safety notice, but we don’t know whether to have it before the show or include it in the show. We have also spoken to Lucy because we need to make sure that we include the right information, because it is vital we tell the audience what they need to do in case of an emergency. She said that we just need to google basic safety notices which just include fire safety exits and their positions and if there is an emergency the staff and cast will lead the audience to the closest assembly point which is at the front of the college. We also thought it would be great if the waitresses deliver it as they will most likely already be on stage whilst the audience comes in. Also I thought because there is three of them and they’re all female we could make them seem like stereotypical air hostesses, but only for the safety announcement. I think that this would be good as it just gives a bit of a comedy factor. Especially because most people will be familiar with that and it just makes the audience feel a bit more comfortable and to let them know this isn’t a serious show.
Today was our first day back to college after half term, and we didn’t have Paul but we decided to just carry on doing more work and I worked on my presentation which was for our commission lesson on Wednesday. The presentation is a quick one to just show each other and tell the tutors what we have done and what we still need to do. I have looked at my solo but still need to talk to Paul about a version that is in my key, me and Jess have also discussed our duet and we know exactly what we are doing for that. We have decided to split the song into sections so that we always sing the chorus together and then we each have a solo verse and a joint verse as well and this will just give it a bit more differentiation and will be more exciting for the audience to listen to. Emma still needs to talk to us about Bring On The Men as she hasn’t told us about what she wants to do yet and finally I need to talk to Jack about the script as we haven’t really started it yet. Plus we really need to because there will only be a limited time for people to learn all their lines and we also have things in the way like the year 1 and level 2 final shows and Bonnie and Clyde which a lot of year 2 are in.
In our lesson we had to put two challenges up one was a target for us to focus on at the barre and the other was for our routine. My target for the barre was to keep my supporting leg straight as that is just a continuing thing that I need to think about and because I then focus on this it then helps me improve and strengthens my legs as well. My target for the dance was to try and keep my balance, because I have a few parts which are on my tip toes and I need to not wobble so much. We also had a bit of trouble remembering the next part of the routine that we do all together so we went through it a couple of times with Helena and again without her. However we didn’t want to forget again so I have videoed it whilst Faye did it and put it up on YouTube as well as creating a group chat so everyone could access it as well.
Today we had our presentations I will do a separate page on my thoughts on this as well as showing the video evidence however this is a link to my PowerPoint that I created and used.
I had a meeting with Jack after employability and we started really looking at the script and how we need to start it properly. Emma joined us to help and I wrote down the details of her character so that we could create contrasts between the three waitresses. Beth also wants to help us write it which is great and I have put a message up on the Saints and Sinners page to ask people to send the details of their performance and some starting and ending dialogue for each piece so that we have something g to work with. We also have asked that if anyone wanted to create some dialogue for their own piece that is welcome as well, because it gives us ideas and could fit into the show as well.
We also had a meeting with all of our year because the tutors wanted us to use this session to work in our groups to keep rehearsing. Me and Jess went in a corner and started learning the lyrics and split the songs into sections to make it more interesting. This session really helped because before this we hadn’t had many opportunities to meet up.
The first picture are my notes that I started writing to plot down how the script is going to go. The second picture are the notes I wrote down for Emma’s character so we could write the right dialogue for her. For example she’s funny but fragile, so I think she isn’t intentionally funny and if she’s fragile she is sensitive and so we needed to make sure she would say some ditsy lines, but would also get offended easily. She is also newly single, but I think that may later change as we are thinking of pairing her up with Scott’s character, but that is still to decide.
We had a whole cast meeting today because the tech students wanted to talk to us about marketing and set, I have videoed both of these meetings.
The video below is about set design and layout.
I think it went well and it gave all of us a clearer picture of where we’re all at with marketing and we also know what the stage will actually look like.We don’t have a physical representation yet, but we have seen photos of the design and it means whilst we are choreographing we know roughly how much space we will get which makes it easier for us.